This two-level series helps equip working members of the tourism and hospitality industry, or students preparing to enter this field, with both the general and specific language skills they need to use English successfully in the workplace.
Functional language is introduced and practiced in a variety of contexts from within the industry. Through this approach, students learn how to apply the language skills they need to their own situations, whether it be working in a hotel, resort, airline, restaurant, travel agency, or information center, or as a tour guide.
The material uses a task-based approach, and focuses on the development of communication skills through a broad range of listening, speaking, and discussion activities, along with realia-based reading and writing tasks where appropriate.
* Two-color visual glossary for further reinforcement of vocabulary
* Personalization activities for greater fluency
* Special focus on pronunciation and intonation, as well as language register and courtesy, including tips on how native speakers speak naturally, and how to speak clearly and smoothly
* The” When Cultures Collide” section introduces cultural similarities and differences in relation to unit topics, enabling tourism professionals to lessen guests’ culture shock
* Suitable for a variety of class sizes
* Two accompanying audio CDs for each level feature native English speakers demonstrating the language from the books with exemplary intonation, pronunciation, and expression
* The accompanying “Teachers’ Guides” give step-by-step unit instructions, deeper explanations, an answer key, full audio scripts for the CDs, and extension activities