In addition to providing cases and real data to demonstrate real business situations, this text provides resources to support understanding and engagement.
1. A successful problem-solving framework in the ""4-M Examples"" (Motivation, Method, Mechanics, Message) model a clear outline for solving problems.
2. ""New What Do You Think"" questions give students an opportunity to stop and check their understanding as they read.
3. New learning objectives guide students through each chapter and help them to review major goals.
4. ""Software Hints"" provide instructions for using the most up-to-date technology packages.
5. The second edition also includes expanded coverage and instruction of Excel® 2010 and the XLSTAT™ add-in.