This 3rd edition presents cutting-edge standards of pacing and defibrillation to keep you at the forefront of this rapidly expanding field. You'll find coverage of all the new devices and management strategies you need to solve a full range of clinical problems using today's best approaches. Written by world authorities on pacing and devices for cardiac care, this new full-color 3rd edition is the more practical than ever!
- Addresses the management of patients with a broad range of conditions, including sinus node disease, carotid sinus hypersensitivity, tachyarrhythmias, heart failure, and more.
- Details cardiac pacing in pediatric patients.
- Illustrates vital concepts and techniques with over 745 x-rays and figures.
- Explains how to approach pacemaker generator changes.
- Reviews fundamental concepts such as how to pace the heart and how leads, power sources, programmers, and electronic circuitry work.
- Contains a new chapter on resynchronization trials.
- Includes an image bank and video clips of key procedures on DVD-ROM to help you understand and implement the latest techniques.
- Offers technical information on both new and old devices to help you make the correct choice for every patient.
- Provides new material on implantation, with key updates to all aspects of this challenging clinical area.