Risk Assessment and Management in Mental Health Nursing explores issues including context and definitions of risk, risk assessment tools and techniques, strategies for preventing risk situations, suicide, self-harm, neglect, forensic aspects of risk, substance misuse, ethical considerations, , victimology, risk to others and risk to self.
- Written in the context of latest policy developments such as the National Service Frameworks
- Discusses the role of the mental health nurse in the assessment and management of risk
- Explores an increasingly important and timely subject in mental health practice
- Practical focus, with case studies throughout
- Written by experts in the field