Covering the lively, even raucous, history of Louisiana from before First Contact through the Elections of 2012, this sixth edition of the classic Louisiana history survey provides an engaging and comprehensive narrative of what is arguably America's most colorful state.
- Since the appearance of the first edition of this classic text in 1984, Louisiana: A History has remained the best-loved and most highly regarded college-level survey of Louisiana on the market
- Compiled by some of the foremost experts in the field of Louisiana history who combine their own research with recent historical discoveries
- Includes complete coverage of the most recent events in political and environmental history, including the continued aftermath of Katrina and the 2010 BP oil spill
- Considers the interrelationship between Louisiana history and that of the American South and the nation as a whole
- Written in an engaging and accessible style complemented by more than a hundred photographs and maps