AWHONN’s Core Curriculum for Maternal-Newborn Nursing, 5th Edition provides the most up-to-date, accurate information available on today’s maternal-newborn nursing practice. Its concise outline format covers concepts of reproduction, fetal development, normal pregnancy, intrapartum and postpartum periods, the normal newborn, complications in the mother and newborn, and ethical issues. With a fresh focus on patient safety and revised case studies, this clinical guide and certification prep tool features AWHONN-endorsed content for the practice of maternal-newborn nursing.
- AWHONN-endorsed content makes this the definitive resource in preparing for current practice and specialty nursing certification examinations.
- Coverage of the full scope of maternal-newborn nursing practice addresses topics, such as: families; ethics; legal issues; research, case management; genetics; and the transition to home and parenthood.
- Bulleted outline format allows for quick review and reference of key information on the management of pregnant women and their newborns through all stages of care.
- NEW! Focus on patient safety draws attention to developing competencies related to safe nursing practice.
- NEW!Content on medication safety, including high alert medications, emphasizes critical drug information that must be considered to provide safe patient care.
- UPDATED! Extensively revised case studies and review questions reflect the realities of practice and provide testing for certification examinations with realistic patient scenarios.
- EXPANDED! Updated content throughout gives you the most current practice guidelines to promote quality care.