This book is an introductory title covering concepts central to Visual Special Effects, or VFX, using the Free Black Magic Design Fusion 8.0 software package, as well as referencing open source digital video editing, illustration, painting, audio and image compositing packages in the early chapters on new media theory, concepts and terminology.
The book introduces more advanced VFX concepts and pipelines as the chapters progress, covering what digital video special effects (VFX) new media formats are best for use with Android Studio, Java and JavaFX, iOS and HTML5, as well as key factors regarding the data footprint optimization work process, streaming versus captive assets, and why data footprint is important for digital while it is not important for analog (film) production.
What you’ll learn
- The History and Terminology of Digital Video Special Effects, also known as VFX
- The New Media Components (raster, vector, audio, video, rendering) needed for VFX
- What Comprises an Efficient Digital Visual Special Effects (VFX) Compositing Pipeline
- The Concepts behind the Digital Visual Special Effects (VFX) Content Production Workflow
- How to Install and Utilize Black Magic Design Fusion 8 and it’s Visual Programming Language
- Concepts behind Resolution, Aspect Ratio, Bit Rate, Color Depth, Layers, Alpha and Masking
- Digital Video Effects File Formats and Data Footprint Optimization Work Process
Who this book is for
Primary: SFX Artists, VFX Artists, Video Editors, Website Developers, Filmmakers, 2D and 3D Animators, Digital Signage Producers, e-Learning Content Creators, Game Developers, Multimedia Producers. Secondary: Android Developers, iOS Developers, HTML5 Developers, Rich Internet Application (RIA) Programmers, Game Designers, UI Designers, Teachers, Educators, Visual Social Media Developers.