Alternative and Replacement Foods, Volume 17, a volume in the Handbook of Food Bioengineering series, presents the most up-to-date research on synthetic and replacement food components for scientists and researchers. The book helps them understand the significant impact of these foods on the length and quality of life of consumers. It presents a solid resource that brings together multidisciplinary research and its relationship to various disciplines. Readers will find a broad range of potential outcomes discussed, such as food safety, human and animal health benefits, and the development of new and novel foods through the bio-fortification of nutrients in foods.
- Discusses how specialty food products improve diet and heath
- Summarizes advances in dietary supplements, probiotics and nutraceuticals
- Includes research advances on snacks, vegan diets, gluten-free foods and more
- Provides identification and research studies on anti-obesity foods
- Presents information on alternative protein sources