Fat Gay Vegan is exactly what he says in the name. Sean O’Callaghan is fat, he’s gay, and he’s vegan. But for a word that’s grown so popular, what does being vegan actually mean?
For the last seven years, Fat Gay Vegan has been a voice that cuts through the fuss and the fads. Sean challenges bad behaviour and wrongful reasoning wherever he finds it, in the quest for a more compassionate existence for everyone.
Now, he brings together his story and those of others in the vegan community in order to answer to the questions both vegans and non-vegans alike might have:
· Why should I be vegan in the first place?
· What should my friends and family do... and are they bad people if they aren’t vegan?
· Is this just about animal rights?
· Do I need to be a gym bunny to be worthy of veganism? (answer: no)
· Can I still eat junk food if I’m vegan? (answer: definitely yes!)
In Sean’s own words: When a wave of realisation swamps you and you come to learn how incredibly simple and sensible choosing veganism is, you’ll have me sitting up there in your head like a friendly, fat uncle whispering, ＂I knew you could do it.＂ The day will arrive when you proclaim, ＂Hey, if that fat gay guy can do it, so can I!＂
Packed with personal stories and non-preachy advice, this is a compassionate, no-nonsense guide to veganism from one of the community’s most recognisable names.