The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring these beautiful islands.
Explore Corfu’s atmospheric Old Town, admire Santorini’s brilliant white-and-blue-washed houses, explore archaeological sites on Delos, wander around the Street of the Knights in Rhodes Old Town, or marvel at the kalyvia farmhouses set in rural Skopelos: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Greek Islands with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide The Greek Islands:
- Over 40 color maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Greek Islands designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show the inside of the Palace of Knossos on Crete, the Acropolis at Lindos, the Monastery of St. John on Patmos, the Temple of Aphaia on Aigina, and more
- Color photographs of each island’s picturesque towns, ancient sites, beautiful beaches, spectacular landscapes, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover the Ionian Islands, the Argo-Saronic Islands, the Sporades and Evvoia, the Northeast Aegean Islands, the Dodecanese, the Cyclades, Crete, and a short stay in Athens
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the islands’ fascinating history, ancient archaeology, unique architecture, marine life, traditional and religious festivals, classic cuisine, and more
- Experience the culture with features on Greek gods, goddesses, and heroes, the Trojan War,and famed writers and philosophers
- Essential travel tips--our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus how to get around, useful phrases, and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel The Greek Islands is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to these diverse and beautiful islands.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
＂No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one.＂ --The Independent
Planning a trip to the mainland? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Greece, Athens & the Mainland or DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Athens.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK’s highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.