Relax and find happiness amid the swirl of the modern world with this internationally bestselling guide to simplifying your life by a Japanese monk who embodies the wisdom of Zen.
In clear, practical, easily adopted lessons--one a day for 100 days, each presented opposite a page adorned by only a minimalist line drawing, giving readers an opportunity to relax with a deep breath between lessons--renowned Buddhist monk Shunmyo Masuno draws on centuries of wisdom to teach you how to Zen your life. Discover how . . .
* lining up your shoes after you take them off can bring order to your mind
* putting down your fork after every bite can help you feel more grateful for what you have
* spending time barefoot can strengthen your body
* planting a flower and watching it grow can teach you to embrace change
* going outside to watch the sunset can make every day feel celebratory.
With each task, you will learn to find happiness not by seeking out extraordinary experiences but by making small changes to your life, opening yourself up to a renewed sense of peace and inner calm.