The engineering profession is at a critical juncture that requires reforming engineering education. The supply of engineers is declining whereas the nature of the demand is changing. Formulating a response to these challenges demands the adoption of new and innovative tools and methods for promoting the expansion of the community while supporting these evolving requirements. Initiatives to entice and retain students are being employed to support growth objectives. Modern technologies are reshaping reform efforts. This book discusses the state of affairs in the field of engineering education and presents practical steps for addressing the challenges in order to march toward a brighter future.
- Covers the latest state of engineering education in the North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, and Far East Asia
- Discusses advances in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics and community engagement
- Outlines applications of digital technologies to enhance learning
- Provides advances in remote and online instructions for engineering education
- Presents discussions on innovation, leadership, and ethics