Improve young children’s behavior while developing early literacy.
What are they?
Engaging stories with relatable characters and colorful illustrations bring positive social emotional skills to life.
• Inspire children to understand their feelings, empathize with others, and take responsibility for their actions.
• Promote teamwork and mindfulness with real-world extension activities and games.
• Develop early literacy skills with prompts for before, during, and after reading.
Why are they important?
• Social emotional intelligence empowers people to work with others, learn effectively, and play important roles in their families and communities.
• The positive identities and relationships modeled by MySELF characters encourage children to manage their own impulses, face their fears, and interact with empathy and compassion.
• MySELF fictional stories pair with real-world photos and applications to help children transfer social emotional skills to their everyday life.
How are they unique?
Unique books and resources in the MySELF boxed sets drive powerful discussions and lifelong social emotional skills.
• Each book includes built-in instructional prompts with real-world scenarios that encourage engagement.
• Activities and games in the Activity Guide support teachers and caregivers in developing meaningful and fun experiences.
• Carefully written stories build early reading skills and social emotional intelligence at the same time.