客服公告:10/1-10/4中秋假期,電話客服調整9:00-18:00暨出貨相關訊息詳情

  • 今日66折
  • 天天BUY
內容連載 頁數 1/8
第20章
Passage 12: Juliet in Love
第十二段:熱戀中的茱麗葉

 
(茱麗葉自上方露台出現。)
羅密歐
But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?
小聲些,窗口那邊透出的是什麼光亮?
It is the East, and Juliet is the sun.
那是東方,茱麗葉就是太陽。
Arise, fair sun, and kill the envious moon,
升起來吧,美麗的太陽,殺掉那忌妒的月亮,
Who is already sick and pale with grief
她因為她的女侍比她美麗得多
That thou, her maid, art far more fair than she. . . .
便難過得面色慘白……
It is my lade. O, it is my love! . . .
是我的小姐。啊,是我的愛人!……
See how she leans her cheek upon her hand.
看,她手托香腮的樣兒有多麼俏。
O, that I were a glove upon that hand,
啊,我願化身為她手上的一只手套,
That I might touch that cheek!
那樣便可撫摩她的香腮了!
 
茱麗葉
O, Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?
啊,羅密歐,羅密歐,你為什麼是羅密歐?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name,
否認你的父親,放棄你的姓氏,
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
如果你不肯,那麼你只消發誓做我的愛人,
And I’ll no longer be a Capulet.
我便不再是一個卡帕萊特家的人。
 
羅密歐
(旁白)
Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?
我聽下去呢,還是就此開始說話?
 
茱麗葉
’Tis but thy name that is my enemy.
只是你的姓氏成為我的仇敵。
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
你就是不姓蒙特鳩,你還是你自己。
What’s Montague? . . . O, be some other name!
蒙特鳩是什麼?……啊,換另一個姓吧!
What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
姓算得什麼?我們所謂的玫瑰
By any other word would smell as sweet.
換個名字,還是一樣的香。
(《羅密歐與茱麗葉》,第二幕,第二景,從第一行起)
 
《羅密歐與茱麗葉》是全世界最受歡迎的劇作,而上面摘錄的段落不遜於任何有名的作品。它集中體現了我們喜愛莎士比亞的原因:它的語言、它的角色,還有以這齣戲來說,它大概有我們文化中最不朽的情節。如果真的有個文學段落可以是西方經驗的文化基因的一部分的話,就是這段了。
81 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 下一頁 跳到