Get out of your head and into the present moment with the teachings of Michael Singer
Why is it that even amidst exquisite beauty and happy circumstances we can still find reasons to be miserable? According to Michael A. Singer, the culprit is something nearly everyone struggles with: the constant monologue in our heads.
In The Untethered Soul Lecture Series, Volume 2: Freedom from the Mind, Singer considers the many ways an unwatched mind can sabotage your life. When observed and understood, the mind is a powerful resource for creation. However, a mind left to its own devices can cause unchecked pain. Indeed, according to Singer, this is the real source of suffering: being unable to distinguish thoughts of attraction, attachment, and judgment from the truth of the present moment.
Fortunately, there are proven methods for recognizing the course of thoughts and emotions as they flow through the mind. Here Singer details not only the ways in which the mind can hijack your reality, but also the practices and attitudes necessary for extracting yourself from attachment to thoughts.
Here you will discover:
- The power of affirmations--for good and ill
- Why attachment to outcomes overshadows your ability to live in the moment
- The constantly unfolding nature of the universe
- The privilege of being a living witness to creation
- Why most thoughts are illusions and can be safely ignored
- How to notice when you are slipping back into conditioned thought patterns
- What to do when you're hijacked by thoughts of lack or desire
- Why the thought, "I like this," can be even more detrimental than, "I don't like this"
- The surprisingly complicated roots of suffering
At once gentle and direct, deeply considered and humorous, Singer's teachings point to a life lived entirely in the present moment. With his guidance, you will learn how to sweep away the illusory trappings of the mind and embrace all the joy, absurdity, challenges, and splendor that the world has to offer.